Adopt-A-Book Literacy Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides children with NEW current books to support reading initiatives in schools, public libraries, clubs, and organizations.
Our goals include developing the love of "reading for fun", which in turn promotes "reading to learn", and to encourage parents to become involved in the reading process.
1) 7,000 kids drop out of school
2) 61% of low income families have NO
books in their homes for children.
3) 90 million Americans lack basic
4) 70% of people with the lowest
literacy skills have no full or
5) 7 in 10 prisoners perform at the
lowest two literacy skill levels.